|1. Follows company safety policies and utilizes proper safety procedures.
2. Reads, understands and follows all work instructions posted in job books, Operator Instructions, Quality Instructions, Quality Alerts, Process Alerts, Cosmetic Specifications, and Defect Overlay.
3. Is completely responsible for the quality of parts being produced on their process or assembly cell.
4. Has the ability to apply quality requirements and identify quality issues and trends
5. Removes plastic parts from conveyor
6. Visually inspect all parts for surface defects and blemishes following prescribed quality standards
7. Performs de-gating, trimming, fixture and assemble parts according to operator instructions and verbal directives and while using equipment such as clippers, knives, hot cutters, pneumatic cutters, and tape machine.
8. Position parts according to knowledge of unit being assembled
9. Fasten parts together with screws, clips, rivets, or other fasteners
10. Remove excess flash of plastic with proper tools
11. Operates machine to assist in assembly operation, which may include heat stakers, sonic welders, and hot stampers
12. Wears required personal protective equipment
13. Maintains a clean and organized work area
14. Ensures incoming shift has required components and equipment to perform their duties.
15. Performs visual inspection on all parts for surface defects and determine acceptability by using Cosmetic Specifications, Defect Overlay, and Customer requirements.
16. Wears required person protective equipment
17. Wears proper clothing with accordance to the UPG Dress Code policy
18. Performs changeover with incoming shift which includes but not limited to training on the workstation, review of documents in the job book, and in defects found during their shift
19. Ensures workstation is clean throughout the shift and the end
20. Ensures proper packaging of product for shipment
21. Conducts rework of parts as required
22. Works well and collaborates with others.
23. Attends scheduled training classes
24. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor