Job Title: Quality Engineer
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Salary Range: $55,500 – $58,900 Annually
Reports to: Quality Manager
Department: Quality Indirect
The Quality Engineer will support UPG Houston’s Quality management system, through performing a wide-range of quality specialist task related to corrective actions, root-cause analysis, and quality inspection.
- Perform thorough examinations of all materials and finished products
- Conduct and report internal audits and evaluations
- Implement and improve quality control operating procedures
- Identify and troubleshoot equipment problems and defects
- Participate in routine visual inspections
- Ability to perform root cause analysis
- Provide AQPQ support as needed
- Ability to perform mathematical measurements
- Ability to conduct a drawing reviews
- Experience utilizing Process Capabilities (CpK) and Process Performance (PP)
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Other duties as assigned by the Quality Manager.
- Technical Capacity
- Technical Knowledge
- Communication and Influence
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Technological Competency areas
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Excel
- Quality Focus/ Management
No direct supervisory duties, though management of projects includes directing project related activities of the project team members.
This job generally operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Expected Hours of Work
This position may require frequent extended hours and occasional weekend work. Generally, the schedule will be 7a-4:30pm, however is subject to change at the discretion of the department manager.
None. This position will conduct work related to UPG-Houston and will be assigned to the Houston plant.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma, or its General Education Degree (GED)
- At least 2 years of experience in a key quality, operational role
- Must have an intermediate to advance proficiency level with Microsoft Excel; and Microsoft Word
Preferred Education, Experience and other Qualifications
- Associate Degree from a 2-year accredited college.
- Previous work experience in quality control or other related fields
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using AS/400 KBM ERP or another similar custom designed ERP.
UPG is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.